Thursday, July 23, 2009

Monument Park

On Tuesday the girls and I went down to Monument Park in Colorado Springs. It's a great big city park with a little creek on one side and the railroad tracks and I-25 on the other, but in between there are parks and pools and who knows what else. We met some moms from GentleChristianMothers.com at one of the playgrounds. As we were coming up to the park on the path, Abby said with awe in her voice, "Mama, what is that spinning thing?!" I told her it was a little merry-go-round that you turned yourself. "Can I ride on it?" she asked, and I told her of course. Well, she ended up spending about 80% of our morning on it and loved it, as evidenced by this great picture--one of the few we have of her smiling!

PJ gave it a whirl (ha-ha) as well, but was not as enaored.

2 comments:

  1. They sure don't make merry-go-rounds like that anymore! I've only seen one in my journeys as a mama -- in a park where a 75-year-old man was remarking he used to play as a child. It was right next to the 50-foot Metal Slide of Death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel a little motion sickness coming on just looking at the picture! And the last time I was on one of these things has to be over 50 years ago!

    ReplyDelete