Saturday, July 11, 2009

A Few Young Bucks



Came home this evening to find three bucks grazing and playing in the field behind our house. This family of deer makes their way down to our fence regularly and can be seen early in the morning or around dusk. They are beautiful creatures and watching them never gets old.

Watching my film, on the other hand, might get old quick. I'm still learning how to use this thing and keeping this "inexpensive" camera steady is always a chore. That said, I'm starting to enjoy taking these little videos and I'm thinking about getting a proper tripod that I can comfortably swivel the camera on. Who knows. One day I might even splurge for a device with image stabilization.

I hope you enjoy not only the deer, but my first crack at iMovie on the Mac (or any video editing, for that matter). I added a some "DAN" at the end - including my own version of, "Sit Ubu, Sit. Good Dog." Be sure to have the volume turned up at the very end and remember that you can scroll back through the footage if the credits roll a bit too fast to read.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dan!
    Great little movie given it's your first try at using this program!
    However, you could hardly go wrong given the subject matter!
    Beautiful!.

    Especially the "Tiny Dancer".

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete